What is Apache Cassandra?
Apache Cassandra has promising applications in the field of big data analytics as a database option. The NoSQL capabilities, along with features such as high scalability, flexible data storage, and high fault tolerance, enhance the power of Apache Cassandra.
What are the Features of Apache Cassandra?
Apache Cassandra is characterized by the following important features.
- Masterless design of architecture to provide higher scalability
- Facility of replication across multiple data centers
- Performance in accordance with linear scale
- Support for adjusting data consistency
- Compressibility of data without any burden of overheads
- Data safeguards through the commit log design
What is the significance of Apache Cassandra?
Apache Cassandra is a formidable platform to drive the use of AI and big data-based applications. It could serve as the ideal database system for big data analytics to accommodate unlimited volumes of structured data. The open-source, decentralized, and distributed nature of Apache Cassandra add up to its significance as a reliable database system for modern cloud applications.
What are the advantages of Apache Cassandra?
The striking advantages of Apache Cassandra include the following notable mentions,
- Elastic scalability for avoiding application downtime for proper scaling according to user specifications
- Better fault tolerance with credible facility of data storage and security across various locations
- Open-source Apache Cassandra does not impose any notable cost concerns for data storage
- Use of batch analytics through Hadoop-Cassandra integration or Spark-based near real-time analytics could improve prospects for analytics
- Limited chances of failure due to the peer-to-peer architecture
What are some of the prominent uses of Apache Cassandra?
Apache Cassandra can serve as a promising choice for the following applications,
- Database support for messaging services
- Development of social media recommendations and analytics engines
- Improving security of shopping carts alongside ensuring faster product catalog input and output
How does Apache Cassandra work?
Apache Cassandra architecture follows a peer-to-peer distributed system, including a cluster of nodes. The nodes in the cluster could accept a read or write request easily, and just like DynamoDB in Amazon, each node communicates its state information as well as that of other nodes through the peer-to-peer gossip communication protocol.
Is there any certification to validate my Apache Cassandra knowledge and expertise?
At present, there is no certification available to validate your skills and expertise in Apache Cassandra.
How much could I earn with expertise in Apache Cassandra?
According to Payscale, the average salary of an IT professional with Apache Cassandra expertise is almost $118,746 per annum.