AWS CloudFront is a popular content distribution network system that intends to help the users deliver their web content to the end-visitors with low latency or time delay. Irrespective of the type of content, AWS CloudFront is destined to help pass it on through the edge locations to help give a better experience to the website visitors.
The businesses get their brand presence from their websites, and the content needs to be optimized and loaded faster in terms of gaining a productive impression amidst the visitors. Therefore, the use of Amazon CloudFront has picked up pace in the present era. This article intends to give you a brief insight into the detailed attributes of AWS CloudFront and its working methodology.
Apart from AWS CloudFront, many other AWS Services are there. Here is the list of Top 10 AWS Services that you must know.
Importance of Amazon CloudFront
The existing ideology of Amazon CloudFront has changed the way people used to see CDNs. Cloud is dominating the present content and application delivery arena. And, when
you talk about cloud, AWS is the leading provider for the same. AWS is widely known for implementing services and measures to make modifications based upon the customer’s needs.
As the need for content delivery came to the scene, AWS planned out to implement CloudFront for the same. It is a complete integrated solution that is meant to help the users implement low latency content delivery aspects. And, it is possible because of the edge locations spread out on a global network across various regions, including United States, Europe, South America, Asia, and Australia.
Must Read: Which AWS certification should you choose
Features of Amazon CloudFront
Before you can go ahead to know how does AWS CloudFront work, it is important for you to know some of the proficient features of it. The features include:
- It allows the users to enable AWS Web Application Firewall that intends to help you secure the content that is being delivered by the edge locations of AWS CloudFront.
- As CloudFront is compliant with PCI DSS, it has the potential to engage with several e-commerce activities and sites.
- For the private contents, you can add signed cookies specifically.
- The users can integrate special support for additional SSL features such as OCSP stapling, Session Tickets, Perfect Forward Secrecy, and others.
- It consists of a free tier for the users who want to try out the services offered by AWS CloudFront before implementing it for full time.
- You get the ability to configure the Max TTL values and default TTL values. It allows the users to decide or control the time period until which CloudFront will hold the items within the cache.
- It offers the ability to implement network optimizations for optimal performance.
- It can deliver both static as well as dynamic website content.
- It is highly secure to protect the content against application or network layer attacks.
- CloudFront allows the users to set accessibility control of the content for the visitors of the website.
- CloudFront is compatible with DevOps and is highly programmable.
These are some of the key features of AWS CloudFront that explain the potential of this Content Distribution Network system for the efficacy of online business owners.
HERE’S THE ULTIMATE LIST OF TOP AWS HANDS-ON LABS PROVIDERS
Working Methodology of AWS CloudFront
As you have known the brief explanation of what AWS CloudFront is, you can now move on to know how does AWS CloudFront works. The steps associated with the same includes:
- Firstly, you will have to decide on an origin server such as HTTP or S3 Bucket.
- Now, upload the content onto the origin server irrespective of whether they are media files, web pages, or images.
- Now, the most important step of creating a distribution needs to be executed. There are two types of distributions that you can create, such as RTMP distributions or web distributions. Web distributions are for the HTTPS or HTTP origin, whereas RTMP distribution is for itself and the associated variants.
- For delivery of content over HTTPS, create a web distribution. If you want to deliver real-time data, then RTMP distribution is apt for it.
- Create rules that match your URL for the selected distributions.
- Now, the domain endpoint name is available for the content in the form of URLs that can be used for accessing the content via the edge locations of AWS CloudFront with low time delay.
Want to start your career as an AWS Developer? Here’s how to start a career as an AWS Administrator?
This is a brief explanation of how does AWS CloudFront works. Along with that, this article also gives a clear insight into the functionality, usage, and demand of AWS CloudFront. So, if you are running an online business and want to speed up the content delivery aspects for your visitor, CloudFront can be your best bet.
But, before that, you need to be sure to educate yourself about the detailed working of AWS CloudFront to ensure its healthy implementation into your web content. It comes with a free tier to let you use it to know its efficacy all by yourself.
If you want to know more about AWS certification or planning for AWS Certification Exam, the following topics will help you to make a decision –
- Top 10 Benefits of Getting an AWS Certification
- Which AWS Certification Should I Choose?
- Top 5 Online AWS Certification Training Provider
- How to Start a Career as an AWS Solution Architect?
- How to Start a Career as an AWS Developer Fresher?
- Tutorials Dojo vs. Whizlabs: Which one is good for AWS Practice Tests?
- Whizlabs vs A Cloud Guru – A Quick Comparison
All the Best!